My Go To Foods

The one thing I get asked the most is: WHAT DO YOU EAT?


So, I thought I'd share a list of a few of my go to foods for each meal of the day. Obviously, the foods pictured are the supplements to my whole foods. This is just a basic overview to get you thinking in the right direction. Keep in mind, you can get a lot of recipes free from bloggers like, Lillie Eats and Tells, or Lillie loves Macros on Insta, and Clean Simple Eats. Let me say this; it took me some time to adjust to smaller portions and 5 "meals" a day. I was eating way too much food, and too much junk. I'm not perfect. I love a good, warm, chocolate chip cookie. That's what is so great about macros - you can have a cookie! Just log everything and adjust your eating so that you fit everything within your allotted marco/calorie count for the day. 
Portion size matters!!! 

My favorite breakfast items:

  • 2 eggs with 1/4 avocado 
  • Oatmeal (1/2 C, add 1/2 banana, 6 Kirkland Whole Dried Cherries, Milk/Almond Milk)
  • Dannon Lite and Fit Greek Yogurt
  • 1 peach, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup homemade granola with Almond Milk
  • Kodiak Cakes with strawberries and Reddi Whip
  • Whole Grain English Muffin Egg Sandwich
Lunch Ideas:
  • Light Chicken Salad - on it's own, on a leaf of lettuce, or in an egg white crepe
  • Lavash Roll Ups - I could not live without these wraps from Costco. On them I make:
    • rotisserie chicken,  1/4 avocado, 1 slice bacon, 1 T Bolthouse Farm Ranch, Tomato
    • rotisserie chicken, 1 T Pesto, low fat pepper jack/mozz cheese, spinach, tomato
    • rotisserie chicken, 1 T Roasted Raspberry Chipolte, pepper jack cheese, spinach, tomato
  • On the go - Chick-Fil-A cup of chicken noodle soup or chicken wrap
  • Cobb Salad - chicken, boiled egg, romaine, cucumbers, tomato, real bacon bits
  • Chicken Pannini - mini Naan bread with chicken/turkey, peppers, mozz cheese, Bolthouse Honey Mustard Dressing or Pesto Sauce
Snack Ideas:
  • Banana or apple with 2 T real peanut butter
  • 2 Hard boiled Eggs
  • String Cheese
  • Premier Protein Shake
  • Watermelon/Grapes with Slice of Pepper Jack Cheese
  • Cashews (17-20, and yes, I count them!) a great salty snack instead of chips
  • Cucumbers with a little Tzatziki dip
  • Tomato basil rice cake with laughing cow cheese
  • broccoli/carrots with Bolthouse Farm Ranch or Hummus 
  • smoothie or power balls - google for healthy recipes
  • greek yogurt parfait with berries and 2 T granola
My Fave Dinners:
  • Grilled Chicken with veggies - seasoning, not sauce for flavor, is key.
  • Turkey burger/Black Bean burger with lettuce/tomato/avocado/blue cheese/onion
  • Strawberry Spinach Salad with Chicken and avocado
  • Thai Lettuce Wraps
  • Crock pot chicken/pulled pork burrito bowl (brown rice/cauliflower rice/black beans/tomato/avocado/pepper jack)
  • Fish/chicken/pork tacos/tostadas - black beans, homemade mango salsa, low fat cheese, peppers, thin corn tortillas
  • Coconut curry salmon with rice 
  • Broth based soups (Tortilla, Chicken Noodle, Vegetable)
*Be sure to measure serving sizes. Portion control is key. Start googling or searching Pinterest for Macro friendly meals. I enjoy lean meats, and rarely have red meat.

Comments